Baldwin hammers

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Sat, 10 Aug 2002 10:36:19 EDT

In a message dated 8/9/2002 8:24:53 PM Pacific Daylight Time, ray@bentley.net
writes:

> Subj:Re: Baldwin hammers
> Date:8/9/2002 8:24:53 PM Pacific Daylight Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:ray@bentley.net">ray@bentley.net</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>
>             Hi  Ray

           I say this with all due respect. While I'm aware this happens and
I guess the customers is always right since as it is there piano, but that
doesnt' mean the piano was producing  its optimal tone. It may mean that the
raw hammer was producing a better sound than what wa  heard before and had
they trusted your judgement a bit firther they would have had something
perhaps even more thrilling. I wonder if the treble is by now producing the
sounds of shattering glass or perhaps if you got a softer set of renners as I
did years ago. These are quality hammers but the ones I've seen in recent
years always needed  voicing especially in the money notes(5 and 6 octaves)
    Do you know if the client is still ecstatic?
          Best-----Dale