steaming dampers

Tvak@AOL.COM Tvak@AOL.COM
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 10:05:28 EDT

In a message dated 8/11/02 12:44:12 PM, ramsey@extremezone.com writes:

<< but what I do know is that you're probably going to be doing a lot more
work trying to steam them that it would take to just put on a new set.  >>

The dampers are an unusual size.  I'm going to Schaff on Wednesday to see if
they have any that narrow.  It's hard to tell how wide the damper felts are
in the catalog.  I know that the Steinway damper wedges are too wide in the
monochord/bichord area.  The treble dampers are all one inch long, not
graduated in size.

I will replace them if I can find ones to match.  The steaming idea was Plan
B.

Tom Sivak