Cleaning keys

Laura Olsen laura257@chicagonet.net
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 08:32:41 -0500

Hi list!

Baby wipes work great.  Just dry them (the baby wipes) a bit with a paper
towel so they're not so wet.  You can use the same paper towel to clean the
rest of the keys.  I'd be afraid to use toothpaste on plastic keys as it is
abrasive.  When I was young I used toothpaste to clean my flute and over
time it ruined the silver finish.

Laura Olsen, RPT
Barrington, IL
  -----Original Message-----
  From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
Tom Driscoll
  Sent: Sunday, August 11, 2002 8:48 PM
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Subject: RE: Cleaning keys

  -----Original Message-----
  From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of HazenBannister@cs.com
  Sent: Sunday, August 11, 2002 9:18 PM
  To: pianotech@ptg.org

  In a message dated 08/11/2002 5:40:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
cmpiano@attbi.com writes:

  Hi list.

  May I ask your favourite way of cleaning old dirty keys ?

  Hi,
   I use 1/2 ammonia to 1/2 water, just get the cloth damp.
  Best,
  Hazen Bannister

              List,

              I use windex diluted with water--spray on a cloth- barely damp
and wipe. It’s the ammonia that does the job.

  Tom Driscoll