steaming dampers

Tvak@AOL.COM Tvak@AOL.COM
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 19:30:45 EDT

In a message dated 8/12/02 5:58:39 PM, HazenBannister@cs.com writes:

<<  I have the Spurlock Damper Jig,and cut my own >>

Hmmm....it's the width of the wedges that is the problem, not the length.
Can you make an existing wedge strip narrower with this jig?  I guess I could
cut a vertical slice off the side, but then the V would be assymetrical...

One thought I had was to cut the bottom off the damper felt;  by bottom, I
mean the flat side that you glue to the damper head.  If I cut a 1/2" off the
bottom, it would effectively make the damper narrower, because there'd be
less of the V shape (or W).  There'd be alot of wire bending with that
solution, though.

Maybe I could iron them narrower!

I still have hopes that something in the Schaff warehouse will fit the bill.

Tom Sivak