Tip a Rarie

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 19:04:39 -0600

Hi all, I will cut to the meat.
Geo H Davis UPRIGHT Patent Agraffe Bridge.=20
Agraffe throughout at both ends of the string segment.
Bass bridge agraffe slotted to accept hitch pin end of string (Yes I =
will be replacing one unison) Phew! I hope I can find a replacement that =
will work in my iron stash.
Key stick pinned to sticker with two piece sticker connected with a left =
and right thread for lost motion adjustments. Jack has reverse spring =
that pulls the jack back under the hammer butt.
Hammer flanges have a brass washer that one usually sees on grands.
Hammer butt assembly is attached to the wood flange with the usual =
centerpin with the wippen slotted dowled at the end of the slot to =
prevent breaking and a screw that adjusts the friction on the centerpin.
I got the action out by removing the keys and tying them up to the =
hammer rest rail.
Cleaning the action was easy as was tightening all 280 screws.
Removing the string cuts may not be as easy as other actions, but if I =
am very careful it should not be a big issue. And replacing the bridal =
straps will only require the clip-on type.
They will need to be cut out as only the ends are toast.

My main worry is getting the action back into the piano without damaging =
anything!
Any sage advice out there?
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com