Looking for advice - cracked plate

HazenBannister@cs.com HazenBannister@cs.com
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 16:18:36 EDT

Hi,
  I have a friend,and fellow technician who's needing advice.He went and
looked at a small Cable grand  (1905) for a customer looking to buy it.He
told him it was worth the 800.00 asking price,and didn't see anything
structurely wrong with it.The customer bought the instrument and my friend
moved it.He pich raised it 1/4 step,tuned,and the next day,it had a cracked
plate.I reassured him that he did nothing wrong,according to what he told
me.What should he do?
Thanks in advance,
Hazen Bannister