"Whats it Worth?"

jonnyv jonnyv@chartermi.net
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 22:33:31 -0700

Hello list, I am an associate beginning tuner/tech. Today on my way home =
from a tuning job I stopped at a garage sale and the Lady of the house =
noticed the signs on my car. She asked if I could tell her what her =
piano is worth, I said I could give her an idea of its condition and a =
broad price range to shoot for. Well I expected a worn out old upright =
(because I'm a pessimist I Guess:) It's a Weber grand, model wg-51, =
serial number 025722, She says she paid around 20,000.00 around 18 years =
ago.I told her I wanted to consult with some of my peers and mentors and =
I'd get back to her. It is in near mint condition!  Any =
advice...anyone?? Thanks Jon Van Buren