E.T.D.

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@attbi.com
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 14:38:03 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Newton Hunt
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2002 10:21 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: E.T.D.

>         List,
>         I remember tuning a Yamaha spinet (60's model ) that had the
> Wurlitzer small vertical fallboard . I assumed that Wurl. was making
the
> case and perhaps marketing  also.
>         Tom Driscoll

Absolutely NO way!  Yamaha made the entire piano and that fallboard
arrangement was SO easy to take out and put back.  The guide arms had
slots in them that were guided in turn with a pin.  Spread the arms
slightly and it just lifted out.  It was as easy to replace.

		Newton

	Newton,
	I defer to your infinite wisdom.
	The spinet I worked on was in a nursing home and with the desert
like environment this one was a pile of match ticks. Maybe in another 25
years I'll see another.
	Thanks for the clarification.
	Tom Driscoll