jack hitting h.flange

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 11:40:22 -0700

Wim,
Check to see if the capstans are out of alignment or tipped towards the keys on these notes...
David I.
From: Jon Page <jonpage@attbi.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Re: jack hitting h.flange

At 11:02 AM 8/19/2002 -0400, you wrote:

I regulated a B Friday, and now there are about 3 or 4 notes in the octave just above the break where the jack is hitting the hammer flange on a hard blow.  Upon close inspection, when I bring the wippen up, I can make the top of the jack touch the bottom of the hammer flange on some of the notes, but not on others. I can't seem to figure out why it is doing it. What makes the jack stop it's upward motion when the wippen is pushed up?

Wim

This is common on B's. The capstans are too far forwards.  Move them.

Jon Page