May the 4ths be with you

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 00:25:05 -0700

> Also, anywhere below the
>middle of the 2nd octave, the 4th just becomes a growl which is not
>necessary
>to ponder; other intervals such as double octaves, octaves and 5ths, 10ths
>and 17ths are more important.

Mon Ami......I agreed with everything in the post except the above.  Au
contraire, in good pianos I can hear the fourths down to the last note,
and they are extremely useful to me in tuning beautiful-sounding octaves,
pleasingly stretched.  The less inharmonicity, the less perceived stretch
is necessary in the bass.

Love your input, always......David A