Unison Flatter than each Individual string?

Thu, 22 Aug 2002 09:42:32 +0200

Bill Ballard wrote:

> It gets better. You are forced to squeeze the last drop of motion out
> of your unisons, because any trace of motion left in the unisons will
> immediately cloud the intervals. If you can't hear the intervals,
> what are you going to do? In short you get very good at unisons.
>
> Bill Ballard RPT
> NH Chapter, P.T.G.

I have gotten into the habit of using intervals to tune stubborn unisons.  Ofte
times you can be pretty darn sure of a clean unison only to find it wangs
uncomfortably much against a a neighboring 3rd or 4th. I end up just adjusting
the unison til it sounds clean against both. Another advantage of the one mute
approach.

RicB