VT specific, EBVT?

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 10:07:14 EDT

In a message dated 8/29/02 8:49:48 AM Central Daylight Time,
pierre.gevaert@belgacom.net (Gevaert Pierre) writes:

> Btw, I'm one of the users of your regulations on the VT and of EBVT, and the
> tunings sounds verry nice.

Not that being skeptical would be in my best interest, I still wonder how
close these attempts at the EBVT are coming.  I suspect that it is more like
a "representative" Victorian than what I do.

Do the results create:

F3-C4 pure?
C4-F4 pure?
F3-Bb pure?
Bb3-F4 pure?
F#3-C#4 pure?
G#3-C#4 pure?

F3-A3, G3-B3, G3-E4 and C4-E4 all beating exactly the same, 6 beats per
second?

A3-C#4 and Bb3-D4 beating exactly the same, about 9 beats per second?

G3-D4 and A3-D4 tempered exactly the same, about 2 beats per second?

Ab3-Eb4 and Bb3-Eb4 tempered exactly the same, very little, less than in ET?

These are the features of my EBVT.  No other Victorian style temperament is
like this.  Also, the way the octaves are stretched cannot be duplicated with
the Verituner, from what I understand.

I am, however interested in what really is being produced here and would like
to hear it.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin