Watanabe and SOLE tuning lever tips

Michael Gebhardt michael.gebhardt@swipnet.se
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 20:29:49 +0100

Hi everyone,

a few weeks ago some people on the caut-list recommended me
Japanese "Watanabe" tuning lever tips because of their
consistently better quality of fit compared to HALE tips,
which I've had quite a lot of problems with. Pianotek
supplies has been mentioned as a reseller.

Since I live in Europe, ordering from the USA seems
unreasonably expensive for such a small order (shipping
fees and customs handling charges). So I wonder if anyone
here on the list knows about a European reseller for these
Watanabe tips.

If not, a German supply company is offering tips made by
"SOLE", sold with both metric and inch threading. I guess
the inch version will fit with my Hale tuning lever heads.
Has anyone made experiences with the quality of these SOLE
tips?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Michael