shank length

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 15:20:07 EST

Greetings,

Geomaster Stanwood writes:

>It's the other way around.. Increasing leverage means less blow distance
> needed.

   Hmm, hope we ain't into a semantic whirlpool.  I was assuming (which I
shouldn't have been),  that the capstan line would also move 3 mm distally to
stay with the whippens.  If THAT happened, for a given dip, the hammer is
going to travel a lot more, no?  Along with my unwarranted assumption,  I
suppose I should have said "increased travel" of the whippens.

Ed Foote RPT
www.uk-piano.org/edfoote/
<A HREF="http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/399/six_degrees_of_tonality.html">
MP3.com - Six Degrees of Tonality</A>