Lights, 8-tracks and Pianos

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 11:43:55 -0500

The recent post on DC lights got me thinking again. Seldom happens. So here goes.

PianoDisc boxes. Everyone I have seen has been installed on the piano. They hang down like an 8-track tape player from the dashboard of a 1970 Dodge Dart (or I guess if you install one on a Bosendorfer, it would look like an 8-track hanging from the dash of a Rolls Royce!). IMHO TACKY! Yuk, yuk, yuk. I realize this may be the only practical installation option in many applications. But not all. If I were to ever install one on my piano, the box would go on a nearby shelf somewhere - much like a stereo component. And to go one step further, at least in a home installation, why put those goofy little speakers under the piano? Why not run the PianoDisk background/orchestrated/whatever-you-call-them tracks through a decent home stereo?

Terry Farrell