Buzzing Caster

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 11:20:03 EST

In a message dated 18/12/02 10:47:52 AM, davidlovepianos@earthlink.net writes:

<< Tuned an c 1905 S&S O yesterday and the piano is buzzing badly at the
casters (two of them). >>

David...this sounds weird to me! :-)
 White Lithium grease in a spray can will do the trick. The can has an
extension nozzle/tip to get into small places.  The casters will just pop out
with a little pressure from a flat tool of some type........ ( I hesitate to
suggest using a screwdriver lest I incur the wrath of the list toool gods!!
:-)
 WLG will not stain and is easily wiped off as far as overspray is concerned.
Use copius amounts of newspaper under the casters and have fun!

Jim Bryant (FL)
"Snowmen fall from Heaven unassembled."