Epoxy & soundboards

ANRPiano@aol.com ANRPiano@aol.com
Wed, 25 Dec 2002 02:11:44 EST

Del,

I never thought of this as an option for high end instruments, as you said,
this is really a solution for low end pianos.

One other thought which I will take a closer look at when I go and tune the
small grand in a couple of weeks.  For whatever reason the epoxy behind the
bass bridge would not cure after several days.  In the end I scraped it off
down to the bare wood.  I have no way of knowing what, if any, penetration
occurred but I suspect very little.  You had mentioned in your article the
possibility of doing this treatment on only certain areas of the soundboard,
since I essentially did that by accident I will let you know if I think it
had any noticeable impact.

Andrew Remillard
ANRPiano.com