standard pitch in 1850?

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Wed, 25 Dec 2002 17:30:19 -0800

Does anyone know what standard international picth was in 1850? My Brother
recently bought a Broadwood "straight-strung" 6' cottage grand, and i want
to tune it to the pitch which would have been correct for its time.

Also, i have yet to see this piano in person, but i'm told the tuning pins
require a special lever and/or tip. Can someone please advise me as to where
i might find this particular tuning tool, as i am assuming my modern lever
will NOT fit. thanks to the list for your help!

Terry Peterson

MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 3 months FREE*.
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus&xAPID=42&PS=47575&PI=7324&DI=7474&SU=
http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_eliminateviruses_3mf