Everett (?aluminum) wound string

kam544@gbronline.com kam544@gbronline.com
Thu, 26 Dec 2002 17:56:10 -0600

>... (And I now so regret not keeping
>the old string after splicing didn't work.)
>
>Dorrie Bell
>Boston, MA

I had a similar experience like yours with a Mason & Hamlin Grand
just above the bass/tenor break. Didn't save the old one and any
Universal ones I tried would pull up to pitch without breaking.

My memory says I was able to have Mapes cross reference a Steinway M
with the same basic string scale (two bichords above the break).

If you can't do that, best suggestion I have for you is to remove the
other string and send it in for duplication (2x) and explain your
particulars.

The note will just have to be inop for the duration.

Good luck,

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731