action tweeking Re: tuning time

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 18:07:29 -0500

In a message dated 12/30/2002 5:34:35 PM Eastern Standard Time, DCrpt@comcast.net writes:

> Regular every six month or less
> tuning on a seasoned piano would easily be 40-45 minutes,with ten to
> twenty minutes spent on acion tweeking and voiceing(hammer
> maintenance)

Robin

Do you charge extra for "action tweeking and voic(e)ing", or is this part of your tuning fee?  At what point would you charge extra for this kind of work?

It would seem to me that if you did this kind of work a little at a time, it would take away from convincing the customer to spend money to have some additional work done to the piano every couple of years.

Wim