Knabe Grand

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 18:47:02 -0500

Well, I didn't really sell the job, she called me asking about a good piano for her new recital hall. We talked about new pianos, used pianos, and the fact that I could put one together for her. She will be getting a very attactive deal, as I will have an ability to show the piano to other prospective clients at will. The final total bill will be about what most rebuilders charge for a standard full rebuild, short of a board. Basically, she will get a new board, new bridges and action balancing for free and pay normal fees for the rest.

Our target for delivery is next Christmas.

> I am curious as I dont think this kind of a deal would happen over here.
> Customers here expect to just "take it home" as it were, when they buy.
> To lay out some amount of money, deliver the instrument to a shop for
> rebuild, much less for some extended time frame..... nah.... wouldnt
> happen here. How do you sell folks on this kind of a deal ?

I'm sweet and she likes me. And I plan to knock her socks off with this piano.

Don't fret. I don't know that this will prove to be the norm around here. She just called me up out of the blue, I mentioned rebuilding an old high-end piano, and she bit. She is smart. She knows what new pianos cost. She has bought several new pianos for her studio - Yamaha verticals and grands, and a Petrof grand. She wants to do it. Who the heck am I to argue? I do feel blessed. Now I just gotta deliver.

Terry Farrell