Knabe Grand

Mon, 30 Dec 2002 23:38:17 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Farrell" <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: December 30, 2002 3:47 PM
Subject: Re: Knabe Grand

> > I am curious as I dont think this kind of a deal would happen over here.
> > Customers here expect to just "take it home" as it were, when they buy.
> > To lay out some amount of money, deliver the instrument to a shop for
> > rebuild, much less for some extended time frame..... nah.... wouldnt
> > happen here. How do you sell folks on this kind of a deal ?
>
> I'm sweet and she likes me. And I plan to knock her socks off with this
piano.

We've done this several times. We've had clients (familiar with our work)
who have wanted a specific type and size (not necessarily any specific make,
usually just type & size) along with a specific level of performance come to
us and commission us to locate, purchase and remanufacture a suitable
instrument. We have then located suitable instruments (usually, though not
always, through one of the wholesalers), bought them (acting as the client's
representative) and remanufactured them.

We charge a percentage of the purchase price for our time and effort in
locating and procuring the instrument. We then remanufacture it per our
standard package prices. We have always told the customer if the completed
instrument does not meet their expectations we will help them sell it and
split the profit. So far this has not happened.

Del