This Might Be A Stretch ...

tune4u@earthlink.net tune4u@earthlink.net
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 08:52:07 -0600

Okay .... responding .....

1. Was the piano "prepped" at the store by tapping down the strings at the
hitch pins and tightening the coils?

Ans: Have no way of knowing.

2. How much did you change the pitch?

Ans: About 10 cents, with a separate PR tuning (Sanderson method with ETD)

3. I generally find that 8 tunings are about enough to stabilize a
piano--that's *if* they control humidity.

Good, good ... okay ...

4. How long after the DC install did you do the tuning? I prefer to wait a
month if at all possible.

Ans: Tuned 11/2, installed DC 11/26 (after). Would this have thrown it so
much?

5. Did you put on a bottom cover?

Ans: No. Haven't bought any with a cover, yet. Are people seeing a real
difference?

Thanks

Alan