Dampp-Chaser.

Paul Tizzard ptizzard@mweb.co.za
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 16:39:29 +0200

Hi List,

Living in a climate where Damp-Chaser's are not that prevalent, I need =
some advice.
A client of mine has a Baby Grand(Hopkins-English piano) in a basement =
of sorts. I say " of sorts " because it is not your typical basement. It =
is basically a room carved out of rock, on which the rest of the house =
is built. The problem is that the room is incredibly damp. I have told =
her that we should move the piano elsewhere, but she really does not =
want to(no space!).
My question: Is a Dampp-Chaser going to stop the piano from being =
damaged, seizing up, rusting etc? What does one charge for installing =
them? What is there expected lifespan?
Any info and/or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Paul Tizzard
Cape Town