tool

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 08:30:00 -0700

Hi All,
Just thought that I would share a modification of a tool.
Removal of plastic elbows can be a little difficult when the plastic at =
the center pin
is not as brittle as the elbow where it usually breaks.
I saw a while back where someone had modified a pair of pliers into end =
nippers so really this is their idea.
The pliers that are used to regulate lost motion on wood capstans are =
still usable for this even with the following change in their shape
Grind the side of the tip on each side so that the tip will enter the =
slot of the wippen
(about 3/16) and then sharpen the ends of the tool so that they can be =
used to remove the birds eye end of the elbow.
To remove the wire end of the elbow your center pin flush cutters ( =
without damaging them ) by cutting parallel to the wire.
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com