damper liftrods

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 12:10:56 EST

In a message dated 1/31/02 6:20:53 PM Central Standard Time,
eliotlee1@cox.net writes:

> The problem is that the bass dampers and tenor dampers lift, but the
> treble dampers do not lift at all when the pedal is pressed.  Individually
> the dampers lift with each note being played so I do not think that it was
> the spoons being bent.
>
>     I removed the damper lift rod and it looks straight.
>
> `   Any idea what else to look for?
>
> Thanks, Eliot Lee

I had a Yamaha studio with a similar problem. The piano was banged into a
wall, and then the dampers wouldn't work. I found that the hammer rest rail
brackets had come out of their respective holes, which caused the hammer rest
rail to warp. When I straighten out the hammer rest rail, the dampers worked.
I couldn't quite understand how and why straightening the hammer rest rail
made the dampers work, but it did. Try it.

Wim