Pricing Models

Don drpt@sk.sympatico.ca
Sat, 02 Feb 2002 10:57:25 -0600

Hi,

I suppose the ultimate in fairness would be to charge a hourly rate for all
service. The client that has a wonderful piano and wishes to have superior
service would end up paying less and the "once in a lifetime" folks would
pay a great deal more.

With the advent of excellent pitch correction software (and hardware) I
simply book another tuning within a brief period of time.

I have toyed with the idea of "whiteglove service" i.e. anything the client
wants but in my area it would have to include the installation of a
damppchaser system.

At 10:34 AM 2/2/02 -0500, you wrote:
>In a message dated 2/2/02 6:06:28 AM !!!First Boot!!!,
>jkanter@rollingball.com writes:
>

>I am musing about pricing models for tuning. Most tuners seem to charge a
>fixed rate plus additional for a pitch raise. This seems to be equivalent
>to one rate for a one-pass tuning and a second rate (less than double) for
>a two-pass tuning. What variations exist in your pricing models?

Regards,

mailto:drpt@sk.sympatico.ca
http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd.