5 a.m. Jig

Keith Roberts kpiano@goldrush.com
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 06:22:58 -0800

Is there any other way of doing it? If I prepare too much in advance I
forget to take some part of it with me and have to do the "field expedient"
way about things.
Besides 5 o'clock is such a peaceful time of the morning.

Keith R.

> I just finished my umpteenth 5-o'clock-in-the-morning jig needed for the
day's work. This time nothing so ingenious - just a little measurement jig
to see that dampers are lifting at half hammer lift (7/8" slice of wood
glued to a mute stick - credit: Bill Spurlock). This will be my first full
damper regulation in a person's home (I like to hide in my shop and do these
things I am not experienced at!).

> How many times have you laid awake, not quite sure how to complete the
next day's task, only to go Eureka! at some point in the night - and then
get up early to build the darn thing before your 9 a.m. appointment? Any
horror stories? Any triumphs?