Thanks List

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 17:15:14 -0500

That's what I mean. You're there!

Terry Farrell

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin E. Ramsey" <ramsey@extremezone.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 10:31 AM
Subject: Re: Thanks List

    Don't you just love that, Terry? Sometimes the appreciation we get from customers is worth more than the money we earn for working on their pianos.
    Last weekend I had a referral customer who has had a D. H. Baldwin for about six years. She was thinking of trading it in because she's never really been happy with it. A friend told her to see what I could do with it first.
    The piano had never really been prepared when she got it. I ended up doing about seven hours work on it right then/ Tuning, regulating, and alot of voicing on those rock hard hammers, and hammer reshaping. When I finally got done, I thought she was going to cry ( happy tears, no jokes please.)  Meant a lot to me to see her get the piano that she thought she was getting when she bought it.

  Thanks List. A couple weeks ago I sent in several posts regarding voicing, touchweight, etc. on an upcoming Yamaha grand service appt. I serviced that piano a week or so ago. She was very pleased at that time. I just got out of the shower and noticed a new message on my machine. It was her just wanting to say how pleased she is with the piano and that she doesn't remember it ever sounding so good! She had some friend over for the past week and they played duets daily. She is an advanced player. She said "I'll see you in six months.....and we'll look at some of the other improvements we discussed"!

  So hey! Thanks for helping to make me shine! What a way to start a day!

  Terry Farrell