Krakauer console?

MBailey911@AOL.COM MBailey911@AOL.COM
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 07:59:54 EST

List -

A relative is needing to get a new piano - their house was seriously damaged
by a fire next door, and the old Baldwin console ruined.  They have about
$3000, or perhaps just a little more to work with to get something new.  They
talked to a local dealer whose shop evaluated their old piano for the
insurance company.  This dealer is recommending a Krakauer console (model
K433) as a good deal for the amount of money they have to spend.

I've never seen or heard of Krakauer - have any of you?  It's a brand that
was once owned by Kimball, and is now made by a Chinese company called
Artcase.  I know that Chinese pianos don't get good press, but this dealer is
a reputable guy, so I'm curious.  I'm also looking for a decent quality used
piano for them as another option.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Private replies welcome.

Thanks,