Announcement from PTG Board of Directors

Brian Trout grandrestorations@yahoo.com
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 07:37:36 -0800 (PST)

Hi Jim,

Perhaps I was a little harsh with my earlier
post.  The PTG-L list would certainly have been
an appropriate place for it.

In my opinion, too much was said to avoid or head
off the rumor mill.

Had there been a simple statement that there was
a new interim Executive Director without any
further comment, I would probably have not paid
any further attention.  But when I translated the
words I was reading into my own language and read
that 'they want to fire somebody', it raises a
whole lot of questions and concerns and perhaps
even conjures up pictures and images that may be
much worse than reality.  I don't know.  (I'm not
supposed to.)

'Nuff said by me... probably said too much
already... open mouth... insert other foot...
taste that shoe leather...mmm, mmm...

Brian T.

--- JIMRPT@AOL.COM wrote:
> et al;
>  I believe that I support the Board and their
> decision to post this info on
> ptg-l rather than wait for the next Journal to
> come out. With as many members
> as call the home office this news would have
> become widely known...as a
> "rumor" very quickly and that would not have
> been very good for PTG. So I
> think the Boards action was correct, proper and
> wisely taken to publish the
> correct info quickly, state the bare facts and
> head off much erroneous
> speculation, etc.......and there will always be
> "rumors" from those who 'know
> the rest of the story'...doncha know.
> My view.
> Jim Bryant (FL)