Make it Heavier

Thu, 07 Feb 2002 09:06:08 +0100

Bigeartb@AOL.COM wrote:

> Wilem:
> I thought of one other thing.....set the dampers to start moving almost
> immediately as the key is depressed. I'm sure others smarter than I will
> offer a better solution. Any way other than adding weight to the keys that's
> all I know. Hope this will help.
>
> Tommy Black
> Decatur, Ala

Hi Tommy.

Course we could do this that you suggest. And it would introduce that extra
damper weight ealier on and feel heavier. But then the dampers would lift really
high, and we'd have other issues to have to deal with as well... or what ?  Then
to the adding of weight to the keys.....did you mean as in backweight ?

Actually, as long as these two ideas were brought up, it might be a instructive
for some if we ran through a list of "whys" and "why nots" on this one.

Who's gonna get the ball rolling ? :)

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.