Wierd Pitch Raise Results

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Thu, 07 Feb 2002 21:22:24 -0800

When pitch raising a piano that's "all over the road", and i also use an
SAT, I measure and calculate a NEW pitch raise offset on almost every third
note or so. This way the second fine tuning pass is alsmost guaranteed to be
uniformly close top to bottom. Doesn't really take that much longer to do
the extra SAT calculations, but really makes it much more accurate the
second time around. Also, I used to do the 1/3 overpull for ALL plain wire;
that would usually leave the tenor section too sharp, so now i use 1/4
overpull in the tenor, and then 1/3 from about F5 on up. If the piano is
grossly flat, 1/4 may not be sufficient, but in the scenario you outlined,
1/4 should be more than enough.

Terry