Make it Heavier

Susan Kline sckline@attbi.com
Thu, 07 Feb 2002 22:00:03 -0800

At 09:06 AM 2/7/2002 +0100, you wrote:
> > I thought of one other thing.....set the dampers to start moving almost
> > immediately as the key is depressed.

I see a few problems with this approach. First, it changes the
timbre a lot. Difficult to play staccato.

Second, it is only effective in changing the keyweight when the pedal is
not being used. Since it's almost always being used, but sporadically,
this means that the weight will constantly be changing.

I'd rather explore keyleading and friction, myself, or see if the
knuckle size was changed.

Susan