Typewriter

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Fri, 08 Feb 2002 08:16:08 -0500

Friends,

Do all of you have a typewriter?  Do we all need one?  I've had one all
my adult life, and I use it a lot in my business, but I am sort of
old-fashioned and not very "with it."  My wife says I should change.

My beloved 20-year-old Smith Corona portable finally reached the point
of no return about a year ago.  I replaced it with a cheap portable,
which turned out to be so rotten I'd be embarrassed to give it away.  I
am now using a quality machine that I got cheap, but it's eight years
old and every now and then the electronics in it go into conniptions and
drive me totally bats.  (You suspected as much -- I know, I know!  <G>)
Of course it behaves admirably when I take it to the repair shop!

So I'm thinking of buying a new one, which will probably run $500 and
which brings me back to my original question.  Does even my little
office need a typewriter to be adequately appointed?  I say yes; have
you found the answer to be no?

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger