Weber action too big

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 10:14:37 EST

I hate to be the one with all the problems lately, but that's what so great
about this list. Ask, and you get results.

Last night I inspected a 10 year old Weber grand where the hammers are
blocking on the strings. I tried to remove the action, but the drop screws
are hitting the pin block. I was afraid if I pulled to hard to get it free,
it would peel back the polyester of the stretcher.

Except for the low bass, there was actually lost motion between the keys and
the wippens. That is why I tried to remove the action. If I recall, there was
some talk earlier about Young Chang action brackets "growing." I looked at
them, but could not see anything unusually. They are light blue.

I didn't have my tuning kit with me, so I couldn't lower the glide bolts to
see if that would help. But I don't think that is the problem. Structurally I
couldn't see anything wrong.

Anyone with a solution.

Wim