Typewriter

Fri, 08 Feb 2002 21:21:27 +0100

Conrad Hoffsommer wrote:

> Herr Brekne,
>

> >Sorry to ask... but I just couldnt resist... Your typewriter doesnt happen
> >to be a Betsy Ross Model does it... ? sniker :)
> >--
> >Richard Brekne
>
> No, Ric.  _I'm_ the Betsy Ross Guy... ;-}

Jimmennees... I must be slippin,,,, mixing  BB and Herr Kartoffelsalat himself
! grin. But as long as we are on the subject of the Besty Ross model... would
that be pre or post flag period ??

> BTW, my typewriter is a 1910 vintage Underwood Standard w/18 carriage -
> works perfectly, but you gotta mean it when you hit "carriage
> return".   (It's a healthy lever, not a button.)

Actually, I learned to type on a real typewriter. The only fellow in my
highschool sophmore class... (well heck guys... I was never too athlectic dont
you know... had to have SOME chance with the girls). 92 over 3 a minute. Not
bad for a preachers kid.

> Conrad Hoffsommer - mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
>
> You can lead a man to knowledge, but you can't make him think.
> -DarwinAwards.com Darwinian Motto

Just kidding about the potatoes you know :) Really you are more of a Cantalope
kind of fellow... no no no... I didnt say that. PEACH... I meant PEACH...

Dersplatzis middel bist gerfunden under den gebitzenplassen !

I gots to stop thinking about drinking.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.