Non-Standard Pitch Raise - was: Wierd Pitch Raise Results

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 08:06:54 -0700

Thanks, Terry. I've been using a SAT II for years and didn't know I =
could do that. Must have missed that part of the instructions.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Farrell=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2002 9:03 PM
  Subject: Non-Standard Pitch Raise - was: Wierd Pitch Raise Results

  Hi Kevin. You can do this with your SAT I, II, or III. Turn machine =
on, press TUNE, press CENTS UP to whatever pitch you desire and then =
press RESET (on the SAT III it is SHIFT-RESET - I forget what it was on =
the SAT II). Let's say you went up 8 cents. Now everything you do will =
be targeting A=3D442. (The whole key is to reset the machine the very =
first thing.) Dail up a canned tuning on a page of memory or do a FAC =
calculation. Let's say the piano was at standard pitch before you =
started anything here (you tuned it last week) - check it with your SAT =
now and it will say that everything is 8 cents flat! Do your pitch raise =
in the normal manner and your SAT will calculate the appropriate =
overpull to make the piano end up at A=3D442 (or whatever pitch you =
targeted). I had my SAT I a long time before I figured out how to do =
that - simple really. Gimme a hollar with any questions.

  Terry Farrell