stripped pin

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 08:48:14 -0700

    Have you tried one of the broken tuning pin extractor tips? I would =
think they would work.....

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Denele Campbell=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, February 08, 2002 3:32 PM
  Subject: stripped pin

  I visited a new client yesterday with a 10-15 yr old full-size =
upright, well known brand. She had requested a tuning, and all was in =
excellent order until I arrived at one particular tuning pin in the =
upper bass. All four shoulders of the pin had been shaved off -- no =
doubt the previous tooner had struggled. I can only assume there was =
factory damage compounded by an unwitting, untrained tooner.=20

  There was absolutely nothing left to grip in the hammer tip, and =
various efforts with various sized tuning tips did nothing to move the =
pin.=20

  I'm wondering how I get this pin out.

  Denele Campbell, RPT
  NW Arkansas