Yamaha upright hammer spring thread

J Patrick Draine draine@mediaone.net
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 11:01:23 -0500

On Sunday, February 10, 2002, at 10:44 AM, PNHISTIC1@AOL.COM wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I recently encountered a problem on a late model P-2/P-22 (not sure=20
> which....:-) Yamaha upright

snip

>  several of the threads that hold the tension in the hammer springs =
had=20
> broken.

>  =A0The piano couldn't have been more than 5-6 years old. =A0

Check the serial number! I believe if it's under 10 years old Yamaha=20
warranties the parts and possibly labor.

>  =A0Any comments? =A0Does Yamaha sell this thread/cord/string by the=20=

> spool? =A0

Not that I know of, but new flanges are available, through Yamaha. Make=20=

sure you have the serial number when you place the order (might help to=20=

know the model number too).

I bet that Yamaha looks young, but is considerably older than you think!

Patrick

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: text/enriched