rib replacement

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 11:10:16 EST

          Antares

              You know I've heard this idea before and I have no doubts that
I could  accomplish this task but no one yet has gone on record as to the
actual step by step procedure to get the old soundboard out of the piano
without sustaianing any damage.
   This is the one point I"m  'REAL hung up on.  I replace boards all the
time and I have considered this as an option  for many stwys that have
uncracked boards but no crown except that , of the many boards I've removed
none came out easily or without major damage.  So unless your boards are
falling out of the pianos or there is some secret to do this it then it just
not a feasible alternative.
      So I'd like you to ask your friends to post a detailed description of
how they accomplish this one aspect of re-using the old soundboard panel.
Otherwise to me it's just talk and a nice idea. Know what i mean?