Dietmann

Peter Fletcher resife@hotmail.com
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 16:48:08 +0000

>From: antares <antares@EURONET.NL>
>To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
>Subject: Re: Dietmann
>Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 14:15:27 +0100
>
>Originally made in South Africa with some technical advice from Ibach.
>
>A lousy piano.
>

>friendly greetings
>from
>
>Antares,
>
>Amsterdam, Holland
>
>"where music is, no harm can be"
>
>visit my website at :  http://www.concertpianoservice.nl/
>

> > From: "Marcel Carey" <mcpiano@globetrotter.net>
> > Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 07:41:44 -0500
> > To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
> > Subject: RE: Dietmann
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have never heard of this brand of pianos. Maybe it was never exported
> > Norht America. If you don't know the exact age is not too bad. How does
>it
> > compare to a new piano of it's size? How does it sound? How does it keep
> > it's tuning? What is the hammer condition?
> >
> > All these questions have to be answered before you can put a price on
>the
> > piano. After figuring these out, I try to get the price of a new
>equivalent
> > piano and then deduct depreciation and needed repairs to make it as new.
> >
> > And then, if you are selling to a friend... How close of a friend? Do
>you
> > still want this person as a friend after the transaction?
> >
> > Good luck.
> >
> > Marcel Carey, RPT
> > Sherbrooke, QC

Still a hell of a lot better than many other modern pianos and definately
better than any lousy American console. The worst Dietmanns as a matter of
fact were those that were fitted with Wurlitzer actions when the factory was
unable to source mechanisms from BPA or Renner - be careful what you call
"Lousy"