rib replacement

J Patrick Draine draine@mediaone.net
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 11:50:01 -0500

On Sunday, February 10, 2002, at 11:10 AM, Erwinspiano@AOL.COM wrote:

> =A0=A0 This is the one point I"m=A0 'REAL hung up on.=A0 I replace =
boards all=20
> the time and I have considered this as an option=A0 for many stwys =
that=20
> have uncracked boards but no crown except that , of the many boards=20
> I've removed none came out easily or without major damage.=A0 So =
unless=20
> your boards are falling out of the pianos or there is some secret to =
do=20
> this it then it just not a feasible alternative.
> =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0

A few years ago a pair of technicians from Western MA came out to the=20
Boston Chapter meeting and gave a presentation on their methodology.=20
Their operation was in an old factory which had steam heat. They=20
developed a method of directing the building's plentiful steam onto the=20=

rim & ribs, which allowed them to extract the boards with a minimum of=20=

fuss. After that, their procedures were similar to Antares' partners.

Patrick Draine

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: text/enriched