All Slip and No Grip

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 19:12:14 -0700

    Z!.............
   =20
    I tune more new Samicks probably than anything..  I have never =
encountered one that had tuning pins so loose that they were unpleasant =
to tune. I live in Phoenix, so this is a pretty (very) dry climate. You =
have no reason to believe that the condition of the piano was not =
reported to the dealer. It's a warranty problem now, and you should have =
your client take it up with the sales person.
    As far as Samick giving feedback to Technicians, they don't seem to =
be responsive at all. I had our service dept. bill them for bad damper =
work, and got a call from someone in their warranty dept. Apparently, =
our arrangement with them is that we would be responsible for the first =
$250 of the warranty. Two hours of damper work doesn't put it above that =
amount. When I asked the rep about the problem with bad damper wire =
bending, naturally he didn't know anything about pianos. I asked who =
did, so that I could send them my findings on how they might be able to =
improve the quality of their products, he said that the only person I =
should contact is him, and that I shouldn't send him a letter, but =
rather, an e-mail would do. Yeah, right. That delete button is just too =
easy, and besides, I don't want to deal with someone who doesn't know a =
thing about pianos.=20
    Hey, they make price point pianos, what can I say. If the customer =
wants to pay a tech to make it right, then that's what they're going to =
have to do.

  ----- Original Message -----=20