DC burning..hot hot hot

Roger Wheelock roger@dampp-chaser.com
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 11:33:59 -0500

Yes, Mr. Renaud, we are concerned about your situation.  We need any
additional information you collect as we have not raised the wattage on the
humidifier heater bar.  It should only be warm to the touch.  Please contact
me directly at roger@dampp-chaser.com.  Thank you.

Roger Wheelock, VP
Dampp-Chaser Corp.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of John Ross
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2002 5:49 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: DC burning..hot hot hot

Hi Dave,
Dampp-Chaser is very good. I doubt it will be at your cost.
You will however need to keep them fully informed, possibly even sending the
unit back to them. A picture of the offending unit as you find it, will also
help.
I can't see the element having the ability to reach temperatures like that.
The element is a fine wire wrapped around a cord, and is in a thick plastic
tube, then it is in some sort of powder to support it, then the aluminium
tube.
I feel it is to do with impurities in the water.
Let us know the results.
Regards,

John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia.