Twist and Shout

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 14:16:43 EST

In a message dated 2/13/02 11:43:35 AM Central Standard Time,
diskladame@provide.net writes:

> Pin torque was all over the map.  Some pins turned smoothly and didn't pose
> serious problems in being set.  Others were murderously tight.  Only one
> was bordering on loose.  What I'm wondering is, will pounding these pins to
> a proper height help bring about some sort of uniformity of torque or will
> it make the tight ones tighter still?

It will make the tight ones tighter. There is not much that can be done to
change the torque of a pin, unless you remove it, and ream the hole, (or go a
pin size up if it is too loose.

> Concerning the tight pins -- does anyone know of any cute tricks for
> slightly easing that tightness?

WD40???

I'm kidding folks. Just some levity, here.

I'm going to work on getting authorization to do the pin-pounding job, and
I'd like to
> be able to leave some semblence of consistency of pin torque when I'm done.
>
> Any insights would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.
> Z! Reinhardt  RPT

Z. after you drive the pins, be prepared to do several pitch raisings and
fine tuning The tuning will go way off the map. In fact, you probably will
have to chip tune it first.

Wim