Voicing Abel Hammers

antares antares@EURONET.NL
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 23:30:02 +0100

> From: Patrick C Poulson <pcpoulso@pacbell.net>
> Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 15:13:03 -0800
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Voicing Abel Hammers
>
> Hello All: I have installed a set of Abel Light hammers from Wally Brooks on
> a 5' grand and am about to put the action back and see how they sound.
> Having never used this brand before, I am wondering if there is anyone who
> can give me some pointers on how these hammers  voice up.  I have restrung
> the piano as well last year, and had to voice the old hammers way up to get
> decent tone out of them.  Thanks, Patrick Poulson, RPT

Basically like Renner hammers.
In the past I have written a number of times about making a 'cushion'. It is
a shock absorber which is very much necessary.

I think even last week or the week before I wrote about the 'cushion' in
reaction to a question posted here by a Belgian collegue.

So if and when you're interested go back in the archives two weeks.

friendly greetings
from

Antares,

Amsterdam, Holland