Graphited bushings

Phillip L Ford fordpiano@lycos.com
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 22:30:50 0000

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002 14:02:42
 Mike and Jane Spalding wrote:

>So here's my question - I know I'll have to remove the dampers and the guide rail to fix this problem.  Obviously, I'll polish the damper wires.  Can I clean the graphite out of the bushings, say with naptha and a pipe cleaner, or should I just go ahead and re-bush?  The bushings don't seem to have any excess play in them, so I'd like to save her some money by just cleaning and lubing, but not if this is going to come back and bite me in the butt in a couple of years.  What do you think?
>
>thanks,
>
>Mike

Whenever I've tried to salvage questionable bushings I've ended up regretting it.
I would rebush.  It really doesn't take that long.  Actually I'd be surprised if it takes
any longer than trying to clean up the mess that you've got.

Phil F

Go Get It!
Send FREE Valentine eCards with Lycos Greetings
http://greetings.lycos.com