Graphited bushings

Phillip L Ford fordpiano@lycos.com
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 22:33:42 0000

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002 21:25:46
 John Delacour wrote:
>At 2:02 PM -0600 13/2/02, Mike and Jane Spalding wrote:
>
>When I rebush damper guides I use a fairly think brew of hide glue so
>as to get a nice ring round the bottom of the bushing.  When the glue
>is nearly hard I take a long needle or wire that is a tight fit in
>the bushing and draw it in and out so that it gets hot from friction
>and irons the bushing.  Provided you've used the right thickness of
>bushing cloth, the hole will settle to just the right size.  If you
>must err, err on the loose side.
>
>JD

John,
Have you found glue to be necessary?  I usually install damper guide rail
bushings with no glue.  I trim flush on the top of the guide rail and leave
a tail on the bottom.  I've not had a problem with them coming out.

Phil F

Go Get It!
Send FREE Valentine eCards with Lycos Greetings
http://greetings.lycos.com