David Love/Voicing tool Recommendation

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 18:47:40 -0800

David and all,
If I had to do that much "pre-voicing" or even "voicing" to a set of
hammers, I wouldn't by a second set!!! We all need to start being more
"picky" and complain more to the hammer makers to get them to quit making
what I call "baby ball peen hammers"!!!!! Just my thought on the subject.
Having said that, if we are dealing with a particular piano with their
"Factory" installed BBs, then that's another matter. In that case, if we ALL
would talk to the company service rep., everytime we encounter this problem,
then maybe, just maybe, they might reconsider making a potentially great
sounding piano sound like the sounds of a destruction derby, everytime it's
played. Especially after the piano has been played for a few years. Feed
back from us is the only thing that will make a difference, but we need to
be vocal about it. I did that with the M&H rep and they now offer different
hammers of different densities. Finally, someone really is paying attention
and cares. My hat is off to M&H, on this account!
Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)